Monday, February 27, 2012

Vida y La Muerte.

    I'd like to think that I'd be brave when faced with death. Ha, now thats a laugh. I'm what some would call a "weenie," and when it comes to death I'm the biggest braut worst in the place. Death sounds... well for some it is continued life. I'd like to think that sometimes. 
But I dont think I could keep myself occupied for --forever! I can nest up on the couch, tv on, kindle alight, and iphone buzzing, a friend on either side-- and occasionally still find myself barely treading time on the surface of the boredom abyss. Now imagine that for ETERNITY. 
I think I'm developing a chronic eye twitch just talking-- writing-- about it. Typing about it?
    Well its a coin toss for me between fearing living forever and not regaining any type of mental consciousness at all. 
What would that even be like? None of your senses. Unable to feel or see or think. You can't just not think. Well maybe you can- you are far more skilled than I, I can't get me to shut up. 
But where would "you" go? I dont think I'm the only one who can hear a "me" in my head. I better not be the only one. It hurts my head to think about not existing at all. To retire into oblivion. 
    If you had to die-- and most of us do, I would definitely prefer living forever and tiptoe-ing on the edge of insanity, completely losing my mind,rather than to not have a mind to lose. Maybe that makes no sense. But whoever said it needed to. My thoughts on death and life. More "death" than "life." 
-Clem.

No comments:

Post a Comment